Raku Workshop – 6 hours divided in 2 sessions:
– First session – optional* – in Barcelona’s studio –
preparation of the pieces (2 hours)
– Second session – at the rectory of Sant Llorenç de Gaserans –
glazing and firing of the pieces, with the raku techniques (4 hours)
- In this raku workshop you will be surprised how a simple technique can achieve results of great beauty, even for those who are using it for the first time.
- Raku firing is a centuries-old ceramic technique. It is characterized by visual effects of great impact, spontaneous and unrepeatable where the dialogue between earth, water, air and fire play the main roles.
- The term raku is of Japanese origin and means “joy”, “happiness”, “glory of the day” and is closely related to the philosophy of Buddhism – Zen.
- A technique with great didactic value that allows you to observe, in a few hours, the entire ceramic cycle.